Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep! YEAH!

Don't judge me. I was leaving town in the morning and Silver Linings Playbook, which my family rented and very rudely watched without me, was only going to be available for 44 more hours. I hadn't seen it yet. I had no choice in the matter.

It was worth it ok.

...Anyway. Today I woke up at 6am and traveled to Galveston with my dad. When we got into town, we went over to the condo first. It looked fine, even though the carpets definitely need to be replaced like the owner is planning. The complex itself is great and super close to campus. We also found out--because my dad was clever enough to look for flyers at the mailboxes--that the condo right above it is also available. This one is slightly cheaper, has brand new appliances, seems a little nicer (at least what we could see looking through the window...we'll be seeing it tomorrow), and is on the second level rather than the first (avoids floods). It's also owned by a former UTMB student who really wants a current student to rent out the property.

Needless to say, I have BARGAINING POWER.
That'll be tomorrow's task.

We also looked at my top apartment choice. It looked fine and there were several units available. It's a little bit cheaper than the condos, but the rooms are tiny and not super appealing. Regardless, I have myself a Plan C if Plan A (Condo 1) and Plan B (Condo 2) don't work out for some reason!
So our day ended pretty early and we were able to go to Murphy's Pub (apparently the place where a lot of locals/students hang out, drink, and eat the most delicious white pizza in the world), which is just off The Strand (the touristy, mediocre, Galvestonian version of Fayetteville's Dickson Street). We also drove around the island a bit. Then we went to check into our hotel up by the Texas Medical Center.

By the way...we drove through the TMC and I kept staring at all the hospitals, imagining my dream job, and thinking...
I'm ridiculous.

Finally, we had Buffalo Wild Wings and went to see a movie. After Earth. Which was...special. It's not Will Smith's best movie, and the story was a bit strange and full of nothing but convenient plot devices. Jaden did well though. Overall, it was a mediocre movie. Here's probably why...

Yupp.

Today's YouTube video was going to be Dan's new video, but he couldn't manage to upload it because he's a turd. So I'll just show you my favorite video in the whole world instead:


You're welcome.

Dad's already asleep, so I should probably get off the Internet now.

BYE!


No comments:

Post a Comment