Wednesday, July 3, 2013

All Grown Up?

Oh hey!

So...it's been a while. I've been a bit busy moving and stuff.
I officially moved into my new apartment on Saturday, after driving through both Dallas and Houston with a cat that was so scared he had peed himself and wouldn't stop meowing.

I was pretty proud of myself for driving through Houston by the way. I knew exactly what to look for: losers cutting me off every two seconds.

Saturday and Sunday were CRAZY and non-stop, but we managed to acquire the furniture I had pre-ordered and buy a mattress, then assemble everything. Over the past few days, I've unpacked and decorated the apartment, gone to Walmart four times and Target three times, bought Internet (after spending an hour on the phone with my dad trying to get it to work and naming my Wifi The TARDIS) and Renter's Insurance, purchased a 5-piece dining set from Amazon, and (obviously) spent much more money than I care to think about.

I haven't managed to have a day so far where I haven't gone to the store and made a major purchase (whether at the store or elsewhere). Today's major purchase was a Schwinn bicycle, the last thing on my "big kid purchase" list, so that I can ride to the beach for the 4th of July tomorrow.

With all of the tourists around, it will likely look like this:

The goal for tomorrow is to not spend money. We'll see how this goes.

The apartment is almost done, I'm just waiting on my dining set. Once that comes in and I have assembled it (I am so over my head with the handyman crap), I will post pictures!

This post is just an update, but I should be posting something tomorrow. I'm definitely having an interesting experience adjusting to both Galveston and adult life, so there is much to talk about.

Today's YouTube video is one of my favorites:
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment